Monday, February 28, 2011

Your Curiosity, My Knowledge (Part 1)

It's funny how things happen for a reason....I sit hear and wonder what my life would be like in five years.

The phone rang and I picked up. It was my good friend. she called to inform me that her high school friend was getting married. She was wondering what the future had for her. 30 and still single? if you asked me...that is so not cool. But was that how God planned her life? After all they say everything happens for a reason.

My friend's dad shipped her to London for her undergrad at the age of 17. It was fun knowing she was "coming to America"on the other hand, it was hard living her family and friends.

"Life goes on my dear.. get ready to face the world and remember, you can either make or break yourself" Her mom said. At the airport, she cried like a baby... My dad's eyes were red! He was about to cry.... who would make his coffee in the morning, she cried.


She arrived at the airport in the morning, her cousin who attends her uni came to get her and they drove to school.  She knew it was a private university but definitely not a christian university. After attending the freshman seminar, she made friends.

She got to her dorm, met her roommate who was Bahamian. They got along so well because they were both international students. Later in the evening they headed to the cafeteria. She said to herself "This is where i wanna be, God i thank you."

....She loved all her classes and hated the fact that she had to introduce her self in them. Out of curiosity, her public speaking professor asked her to give a presentation about herself and why she picked the school. I couldn't say no, She said. After class a dumb curious student asked her how she got to the states all the way from Africa.

"Errr, excuse you, ever heard of planes before?... yeah, i dint think so.. well i flew down here in a plane" She replied.

To her it was interesting been in another man's land. she felt like an alien most especially because of her African accent. She experienced a lot of culture shock.

To be continued.

5 comments:

  1. What a funny girl she must v been.I do hope she caught the eyes of the predators(guys) around her.We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember when i first came to yankee, i was so shy about my accent, i hardly used to speak.... sometimes im still shy till this day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @o.rero I know right.. Maybe she did, we would see :)


    @forbiden2us Looool, I'm sure it wasn't that bad..

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl! where's the second part???! ...cant wait..good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks darling.
    loool,soon, keep checking.

    ReplyDelete